Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Getting Older

I had my 23rd birthday a few weeks ago.
I am amazed how, although I don't notice feeling particularly "older" after having a birthday, I am noticing more and more about myself and the world around me. Maybe this is what getting older is all about?

Or maybe this self realisation comes with age. Personally I don't think that I feel that I am a particular age due to the amount of "things" that I have achieved in my life or by the number of years I have been on this earth.


I have done more than some people older than me, and less than some people younger than me. I do not think that age is a barrier for anything.



Perhaps this self awareness is due to me slowing down a lot lately. My body has slowed me down physically and it may take me longer to do certain things, but it certainly doesn't restrict or hold me back by any means.

I am not in so much of a rush to do things and I am trying not to stress about anything. If I do stress or worry about something, I make myself stop and think about why I am stressing about it, how important it is, and what I need to do to stop stressing.

Generally I am over-reacting to something small and then when I calm down and think about it practically I realise I am, well, just over-reacting! I don't know how hormones effect all women, but I swear once a month I go silly and cry over everything and get upset over nothing. Then the next day, I'm like "what the hell was wrong with me?"
The delights of being a woman I guess!

I am excited to start sending and receiving a few swaps I have signed up for recently. I have signed up for a tea swap, a vintage swap and a letter set swap! I have to get cracking and make some things so I can send them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment